SECTION: Quality of Teaching and Learning, and Assessment
SECTION GRADE: We judge Teaching and Learning, and Assessment to be OUTSTANDING
CONTEXT: EVIDENCE THAT SUPPORTS THIS JUDGEMENT:
At Roman Fields, our young people are receiving excellent input from all staff across all subject areas. This can be seen in the table below, which demonstrates that the level of teaching and learning is consistently high, due to training and interventions that have been put in place for all staff. The data shows that all lessons seen across the provision are ‘Good or better’.
We have achieved this through:
- Rigorous in- house observation schedules and feedback cycles – three per year
- Informal lesson ‘drop ins’ in which staff can view and share best practice re: teaching and learning – throughout the year.
- Daily briefings, with a focus on pupil progress and outcomes.
- Whole staff training and inset opportunities with a focus on how to improve Teaching and Learning – at least one per half term.
- Implementing extended SLT meetings, with a specific focus on curriculum and T&L – two per half term.
- Introduction of a Teaching and Learning Lead and group, with responsibility for improving T&L across the provision.
Open the linked document for full report roman-fields-teaching-and-learning-report