What Do Others Think About Us?
"For the first time, I feel my son is in a safe learning environment where every member of the team ensure they understand his social, emotional and educational needs and genuinely care about his well-being and preparing him with life skills." - Letter from Parent 2018
Comments from parents
"My child has made amazing progress and I can't speak more highly of the school, teachers and the head who put the wellbeing of the children first"
"I wish to thank all the staff at Roman Fields for their support and care given to my son, who has made massive progress in his education"
"My child has achieved a lot thanks to the support, kindness, and guidance she receives from all the staff"
"I'm slowly getting my child that loves the learning environment back! Thanks to all the staff at Roman Fields. Best feeling, ever!"
"The outcome has been life changing, not just for my son but for the whole family … our son has become a happier, healthier version of himself since his time at Roman Fields."
"I have seen my child's behaviour and general outlook on life turn to the positive and the future is now rosy"
"You have a miracle school! You have made such a huge difference in my child's life with your understanding and dedication"
"You have changed our lives forever with your phenomenal team!"
"We have been so impressed with by the school's approach to getting the best out of our son in the most imaginative and flexible way... thank you for bringing a ray of hope and sunshine in to our lives"
"I am amazed at the attention to detail and brilliant support my child has received both in pastoral care and academically."
"When I look back to where my child was when he arrived at Roman Fields and where he is now I am amazed. You and your staff have given us our boy back!"
"Roman Fields has been superb in supporting my child- they could not have done more to help both my child and I. Their understanding of autism is second to none as is their utterly flexible approach to lessons on a day to day basis. I cannot praise them highly enough – Head, Teachers, Office staff and Pastoral Care – amazing people!"
"Roman Fields is the only school my son has excelled in. He enjoys school now and I believe that is a big part of his childhood. They have made it enjoyable for him."
"This school has completely changed my sons life. He was at an independent special school before so we have a more relative comparison. But believe me there is none! Cannot credit this school staff enough for their utter dedication to the kids."
Comments from former pupils
"My time at RF has made me feel very cared for, happy, safe, and loved. I want to thank each and every one of you."
"Roman Fields changed me and made me a better person. They gave me everything I needed in life."
"Thank you for sharing a part of my journey by teaching me at your school and understanding me. The staff I have worked with have all been truly amazing."
"Roman Fields is an amazing school that I would have been lost without."
"Thank you for all the help Roman Fields has given me, I am really grateful as my life has changed a lot. I have matured a lot and don't find myself doing stupid things anymore. Roman Fields has helped me to get ready for the world and the challenges it throws at me"
Comments from other agencies and professionals
Highlights from our most recent Ofsted report
- ‘The Headteacher provides exceptional leadership. His clear vision, motivation and high expectations have ensured this outstanding school is continuously improving.’
- ‘The management committee is highly effective. Members know the school extremely well and they have an excellent range of skills and experience to hold leaders to account’
- ‘Leaders demonstrate strong knowledge and expertise in supporting pupils with ASD and mental health needs. Outcomes are outstanding’
- ‘The curriculum is skilfully designed to focus on pupils’ individual needs and stages of development. Stimulating themes capture pupils’ interests and ensure they make outstanding progress across all subjects.'
- ‘Teaching is outstanding’
- ‘Pupils’ personal development and welfare are outstanding and at the heart of the school's beliefs and values. Pupils specific needs and difficulties are addressed through personalised plans. As a result their outcomes are outstanding’
- ‘the quality of care provided to pupils is exemplary’
- ‘Parents are overwhelmingly positive about the school. They value the effectiveness of the support from adults and the difference it makes to the lives of their children’
- ‘The headteacher has created a culture of excellence’
- ‘Staff demonstrate the highest levels of care and commitment to pupils. They expertly manage each pupils needs and share unreservedly in the headteacher’s aspirations’
- ‘Staff morale is high. Staff speak highly of school leaders and the high quality training they receive.’
We also invite you to read our Latest Ofsted Report in full.
Feedback from other agencies
"My interviews with the teachers have demonstrated their compassion, understanding and high aspirations for the young people in your provision. I was really touched by some of the pupils' and parents' responses to the support they receive at Roman Fields." - Academic Researcher
"I feel that Roman Fields have been able to engage with youngsters who could have been at high risk of self-harm or even suicide, and that their confidence in them has helped the young people to succeed and recover from their mental health difficulties." - Mental Health Professional
"Every student is known in depth by teaching and non-teaching staff. Developing strong relationships between staff and students is key. There is a clear moral purpose at the school and high levels of trust between staff and students" - The Virtual School
"Your enthusiasm and passion shone through and I left feeling hugely empowered about the difference that the right provision can make to young people with autism and other complex needs, as well as those who come from a difficult or disjointed educational background and have been out of education for a significant period of time" - Visiting Educational Psychologist