It is the responsibility of all members of staff and governors to ensure that safeguarding is of paramount importance. This includes minimising any safeguarding risks for young people and engendering a culture of vigilance and awareness, in all of our work. It is important to make a clear distinction between safeguarding and child protection. Safeguarding is the work completed with all young people whereas child protection is more concerned with the procedures used for young people who have been harmed or who are at risk. Roman Fields has and maintains very strong links with a range of external agencies and support groups to ensure that safeguarding is the main driving factor in the work that we do.
Safeguarding forms a very large part of the work completed at Roman Fields and it is our number one priority. Our aim is to create a positive culture where safeguarding is an important part of everyday life. We consider ourselves to be ‘outstanding’ and this view is reinforced and validated by a range of outside agencies as well as other key stakeholders. Safeguarding training forms an important part of the continuing professional (CPD) of all members of staff at Roman Fields. Safeguarding policies, procedures and systems are tested, reviewed and audited on a very regular basis. Young people are taught the skills, knowledge and awareness to enable them to stay safe both in education and beyond, into their own personal life.
Please see the information and links below to find out more information on Safeguarding at Roman Fields. Please feel free to contact the school on email@example.com should you require any further information:
Safeguarding Team and Leadership
|Nik Pringle||Safeguarding Committee Member|
|Ashley Purser||Designated Senior Person for Safeguarding|
|Rebecca Walton||Deputy Designated Senior Person for Safeguarding|
Safeguarding : how effective are we?
- What we know about ourselves – OFSTED 2014
- What do other agencies think about safeguarding at Roman Fields – Multi Agency Feedback 2016 – 2017
- What do parents and young people think about us – Stakeholders feedback
- How do we help to keep young people safe – Safeguarding and the curriculum
- What are the safeguarding policies and child protection policies at Roman Fields
- The role of the Management Committee to Safeguarding at Roman Fields
- What Safeguarding Training do staff at Roman Fields receive